We are back again, we had some technical issues lately and lost all the pictures of a very exciting makeover we have done recently! But don’t worry, we will definitely shoot another one soon and post it! Meanwhile, Ella recreated a crazy smokey eye purple look with a very sleek, sort of different hairstyle. We love experimenting and sharing it with you! These are the steps:
1. Apply your foundation. Use a blush brush or whatever brush you prefer and apply some bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks and on your temples. Apply a light pink blush with some shimmery highlighting pigments in it on the apples of your cheeks, slightly blending it with the bronzer.
2. Using a dense flat brush (it helps prevent fallout), apply a matte dark lilac color all over the lid. Make sure you don’t take it too high up. Softly blend the edges with a fluffy brush( for better blending, you can use a tiny bit of a light tan color or pale orange with the brush you use for blending). Take a bit of the same color under the eyes all the way in as well. The color I used in this picture is the dark lilac color between the dark purple and the dark blue on the bottom row.
3. Using the same flat brush, apply the darker purple color(right side from the dark lilac color in the earlier picture) in a ‘V’ shape in the outer corners of the eyes. This smokey eye is all about layering, you just want to darken slightly, you don’t need to see a huge difference when you apply the colors one after each other.
4. Using a pencil( or powder, if you prefer) fill in your eyebrows slightly just to give some definition to your eyebrows and help make the eye makeup stand out.
5. Use the same flat brush to apply an even darker purple in the outer corner in a ‘V’, similar to the earlier step. Take a bit of the same color under the eyes, taking it only two-thirds in. I know that in the picture the color looks very blue, but I promise it is a very dark purple!
Apply some gel liner on your top and bottom waterlines and also just a tiny bit in the outer corner on your eyelid and under the eyes, to define the eyes even more. I also put a bit of a white matte shadow under my brow bone,nothing too crazy though.Apply a generous coat of mascara on your top and bottom lashes and top it up with a sheer sparkly light pink gloss. We don’t want to overwhelm the look with too much pigment on the lips!
For hair, all I did is to brush my hair back and hairspray it a bit so it stays in place. Play with it a little bit until you get the desired shape. Add a shine spray if you want. I feel like having your hair in the back or up in an updo really opens up the face and helps emphasize your eyes when you are wearing a smokey eye look. Hope you enjoy!
Voila! We hope you enjoyed!
Ok, and now about the surprise! Well actually there are two of them. The first one is that we will have a guest blogger very soon with fresh new looks for you. We are very excited to have her! She is blonde, with blue eyes and does great makeup!
The second surprise(it was a huge one for us as well!) is that we have been nominated for the Inspiration and also the Versatile Blogger awards by one of our readers, lovely Cross5Star! We are incredibly honored and still can’t believe it! We will definitely do a full post about it soon with more details but for now, thank you so much Cross5Star, we love your blog too!